- Rights holders can avail of civil enforcement measures against both direct infringers and intermediaries.
- A wide spectrum of blocking injunctions can be sought against internet access providers to repress IPTV infringements.
- Internet intermediaries can receive orders to disclose information on infringers; however, disclosure of information on end-users of illegal IPTV services may not be compatible with EU data protection law.
- Criminal measures are also available in all EU Member States against IPTV infringers on a commercial scale.
- Import and sale of IPTV devices may be prohibited on the ground of non-compliance with EU standards on radio equipment.